Sunday, August 24, 2014

2 weeks into the school year

So, I've just started my 4th year teaching at my current school.  I couldn't be happier.  The students I have this year are wonderful.  I'm a little concerned about my 4th hour only because it's such a BIG class, but they are great kids and they try really hard.  I think it'll be ok.  I'm super excited about the exchange this year and I know it's going to be fantastic.  

I think my biggest concern right now is that I'm still having issues with my sciatic nerve.  I've ended up with Piriformis Syndrome which is causing major sciatic pain down my right leg.  I'm stretching like crazy, doing my exercises and trying not to overdo it, but I'm so over this.  I wanted to be WAY better by now.  I guess the good news is that my back feels amazing!!!  I know that I'll get this figured out and it'll all be ok.

We've had a crazy week with illnesses and injuries.  Last weekend Jake had a temp of 102, the next day seemed to be fine.  Monday night Ellie injured her thumb at gymnastics and it was still hurting on Thursday - so I ended up taking her to children's mercy and she's got a splint that she's supposed to wear to school and at home for the next 5 days.  So then Saturday morning she woke up with a fever of 101.5 and was feeling like crap - she ended up with strep throat.  So now I'm praying that I don't end up with strep since I've been on steroids for my Piriformis Syndrome.

It ended up being a relaxing Saturday and mostly relaxing today so that Ellie can get better.  We watched a ton of Doctor Who prepping for the new episode last night.  Today so far we've played video games, cleaned out my closet so that James can put a new closet organizer up, and hopefully will relax the rest of the day.  

I have really bad Sunday night blues and so I have to take care of myself to not get overwhelmed about going back to work - it's not that I don't like work.  I don't even have to worry as I already have lesson plans written for this week, but's just that it goes back to not being with my kids and my husband all day.  I love having family days.  I love my time with everyone at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment